Don’t tell me I have enough time

By 14:51


Try complaining about not having time to do the things you want to do and you’re hit with a ton of advice. We’re told we need to prioritise, stop being a perfectionist, be more efficient, blah blah blah blah blah. Stop telling me I don’t know how to manage my time and listen to me!

I remember what it was like to have 168 hours in a week and subtract all the necessary things in life until I have “enough time” to do whatever I want. But now, I don’t have that “enough time” anymore.


Those 37 hours of magical free time available is an average of 5 hours a day. That includes childcare responsibilities and family time. I’ve even tried to squeeze minutes away from my toddler stuck to me like glue – that barely gives me time to type 140 characters before my phone is grabbed away from me or I need to be Squeak’s transportation device.

On average, I spend about 4 hours a day just being a mom. That extra hour is for me to escape for a bit in front of the TV – a bit of relaxation time. And, even then, I’m trying to juggle being immersed in a new series with catching up on social media.

I’m desperate for some me time. Time to focus my thoughts and write. Time to dance. Time to be social whether with real people or through my phone. Time to finish reading long articles. Time to do the things that make me, me.

Tell me I am not alone and that you also struggle with finding the time to be you. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments